Diana graciously agreed to be a featured blogger on
But as you will read from Diana’s answers…it really does & DID:
What initially made you decide to try online dating?
I was seeing someone else at the time, and Scott would do the nontraditional things that impressed me. He would buy me DVD’s, video games, rather than expensive roses, or cheesy stuffed animals. Instead of an expensive night out, he would host themed dinners at his place instead. Not only was he smart, but he was so creative!
I think online dating takes a lot of discipline, and a certain level of emotional maturity. I’ve seen friends on both ends succeed and get their hearts broken because they couldn’t move on and meet the next person. I think you have to be able to have detachment.
If it doesn’t work out, no problem, learn from it and move on. There is a right person looking for you, too.
Just like Bing is the go to browser on our beloved (and pink) blackberries, meetMoi seems to be the go to “location based, mobile dating service“. Say this 3 times fast!
So, dahlings…would you guys try ‘meetMoi‘?
Profile pics can be:
- sometimes (many times) dated;
- a poor (shit-ay) representation of what someone really looks like;
- in one case, of a completely different (loo-zah) person!
So what better way to avoid false-photo reps than to video-date?…! Also, known as “social-dating”, Zoosk.com, provides a live-chat & video exchange for those singles who would like to get to know a prospect in a more ‘personal’ format, rather than just participating in the traditional email/online chat exchange.
About Zoosk: “Zoosk is brand new breed of online dating experience. We are committed to making online dating social, fun, and painless through integration with major social networks. Zoosk is a fun way to socialize and meet other singles in your area.”
And just in case you need to brush up on your video-etiquette, here are some online video-dating tips from dating expert (expert?) Rachel Greenwald, author of “Why He Didn’t Call You Back”, taken from this nypost.com article:
“1. Decide what to wear according to what looks best from the ribs upward. Your date will only see your upper half,” says Rachel Greenwald. Please be fully dressed just in case, thanks.
2. Necklines are key. Super-cleavage is going to look slutsville, and a soft lamp behind you will look hot. “Men: no stains or slogans on your T-shirts,” Greenwald says. slutsville? lol
3. Best angle to avoid a case of the chins: Elevate the laptop on two phone books and tilt the screen slightly down. Or you can just face backwards if ur super fug-lay.
4. See what you really look like ahead of time using video-capture Snapz to evaluate all those not-so-adorable tics. or just ask ur better looking friend to sit in for u instead!
5. “Take a few sips of wine to relax,” Greenwald says. Don’t sip throughout the date. You’ll look like a lush and have to duck out, leaving the screen blank. or just pop some zanax if ur that scared u freakin’ wuss.
6. Use silly icebreakers. “You are not a Census taker!” Greenwald says. She likes: “What’s your best secret skill?“ best secret skill? i can picture some bada-bing guy sayin: “u’ll find that out later, sweet-cheeks!” ugh.
7. Prep the way you would for an in-bar meeting. High-quality vid means that your crazy hair and lack of makeup will look exactly like that. But wearing a top hat and lighting sexy time candles is probably overkill. what if ur vid quality is similar to the blue-green, grainy paris hilton porn-vid (not that I saw it myself or anything, lol)…do I still need mascara?
8. Never underestimate the importance of smiling and “direct eye contact,” says Skype’s Jamie Sorcher. If you look away, you look like a sketchball. directly at the camera or directly at your lappy’s screen? what if ur f*buddy rings the doorbell while ur video dating… wud that be considered sketchy?
So what do you guys think – YAY or NAY?
Husband & Wife pic from New York Daily Photo
Sooo, this weekend (besides some work of course) will be spent with great food great spirits & great gf’s!
1 – As usual I forgot to close out my pro after seeing another douche look at my profile – this time it being Downtown Boy. Jerkface 1!
2 – Midtown Cutie never called. Not sure if he got the package, but let’s assume he did. Jerkface 2!
What a sweet way to start the weekend right!!
Have a wonderful Friday dahlings, xoxo
1. “Totally Free Dating: …After building game changing tools to assure member validity and designing easy and elegant interfaces, we wondered how to make it even better. The answer was simple, we decided to keep it 100% free to give the best value in online dating.” Yay!
2. “Keeping Singles Honest: …If you hit a spot filled with frauds and cheaters, that’s exactly what you are likely to find. If you are looking for more, you surround yourself with like-minded people. The Down To Earth Dating Community was created for honest, respectful singles to meet online.“ can you really tell if someone’s lying, online? Hmm
3. “RealRatings Profile Accuracy: We’ve created RealRatings so you can share your dating experiences with other members in a respectful way.” I’m curious as to how this works. If my date wasn’t respectful, my “sharing” sure wouldn’t be…MG tells it how it is dammit!
I’m gonna stick with my current online dating site for now. But I just may check this one out if my current dating life does not experience an upturn (I hope it does – please!).
Best thing about this new site, besides it being free – “No Married People Allowed”…LOL!