Ever do something insanely ridic to win back an Ex? Well, the fabulush & hilariously insane crowd @ Flatiron Lounge had some interesting input regarding this scenario…
Well, read on…
The other night I came home and realized – I forgot to set my DVR!!!
One girl got up and explained to the authors her situation & the exchange went something like this…
(FYI – more on@aubree11 in a future post, as she has an exciting social app for singles coming out early January 2010 – yay for Aubree!!)
Sounds really simple right? But I really don’t know what goes on in a guy’s head, so I figured ‘why not look up reasons as to why some guys cheat’.
You see, cheating was the main reason why my Ex-Ex & I broke up over 3 yrs ago & what would eventually lead to Midtown Girl. By the time Ex-Ex had cheated, our relationship had already become a pure shit-fest. We had no communication & the mutual disdain had the both of us avoiding each other at all cost. How lovely, right!!!
Moving on…I found this article: “9 Reasons Why Men Cheat” and thought I’d share it with you, my faithful dahlings:
1. She ain’t what she used to be: Like Adam, the typical man can’t resist the temptation of riper fruit, especially if the woman in his life has let herself go. “If she got lazy or gained weight or just doesn’t take care of herself, a guy will start looking at other women,” Santagati says.
And men should do the same. He might be a complete slob and still be demanding perfection from her. “It’s the typical double standard.” (People should be fit to look good for themselves, never for someone else!)
2. No one loves a ball buster: Perhaps nothing will drive a married man into the arms of another woman faster than a nagging wife. “She’s like a mosquito,” Santagati says. “He doesn’t want to have sex with her; he wants to [swat her away].” The more viable option: hot sex with a more “understanding” woman. (Not sure if “ball busters” are necessarily not understanding, they’re just plain annoying. Annoying peeps suck – just GO.)
3. She just doesn’t “get” me: Men who cheat say they don’t feel understood by their mate. But it’s not always the woman. Mostly they’re either angry or afraid to connect. (Yea, I don’t “get” this one either…)
4. It’s the thrill: Most guys who have affairs are getting in touch with their inner caveman: They like to play with fire. By keeping surprise and sizzle in your sex life, a woman can keep the home fires burning so hot that her man won’t have any reason to cheat. Solomon says men also cheat because of fear, loneliness or anger. “The betraying partner’s failure to deal with these feelings is what causes him to be unfaithful,” he says. (So they are angry cavemen…whaaa?)
5. Blame it on the “hunter.”: Often, married men who cheat can’t quite explain their motivation. They just find themselves compelled to bust out of their day-to-day routine in search of something new. (Ever try Wii? Bowling & Tennis are my favs…try it fellas!)
6. Biology, baby: “It’s our biological nature to be with as many females as possible,” Santagati says. “Once we’ve seen a woman naked several times, it becomes commonplace. It doesn’t matter if you’re Jessica Alba or Sienna Miller, we become accustomed to your body and want to experience something different – different lips, different body types. We’re only monogamous because we realize that love and friendship are more important than getting laid.” (Doesn’t this cancel out #1?! I’m confused…)
But Juliet Williams, associate professor of women’s studies at UCLA disagrees. “No matter how stunningly high the number of male cheaters, we know it’s not biological,” she says. “There are still a higher percentage of men who are monogamous.” (Why thank you for clarifying, Juliet!)
7. It’s just sex: For most guys, sex and love are two entirely different things. “We really believe, ‘I can still love my wife and want to have sex with other women.’ We separate it in our brains,” Santagati says. (That’s kinda…sick.)
8. Not tonight, dear.: Let’s face it. Men want more sex than women. (Uhm.Says.WHO?)
9. Because we can: Ok, we’re guys, remember? It’s hard to resist temptation, especially when it’s at our fingertips. Thanks to the Internet, it’s easier for men to cheat anytime, anywhere… while they’re watching TV or on the laptop in bed next to their sleeping wives. (DAMN – this one is Effed Up X 100! And scary as hell.)
Obviously he knew it was my Bday but seriously – GO the F AWAY!
And to TOP it off, I have to listen to the first few seconds of each VM in order to delete each one. So even though I’m not hearing the whole message, I’m feeling the attitude behind each one.
Let me share with you a verbal montage of his VM bullshit:
OMG. Leave me alone please. It’s been 4 YEARS. Yes, FOUR years. Get a grip already…DAMN!
Anyone else have a similar craptastic experience with an EX???
p.p.s. Today is Midtown PUPS Birthday!!! She is officially 2 yrs old – My Sweety Pie!! Here is a pic of her on her 1st Bday…
OutOfYourLife.com: “Sell broken engagement rings, diamond wedding rings and other fine jewelry at Out of Your Life.
There are zillions of reasons why you’re better off without him. And one major reason you’ll be better off without his bling: all the jewelry he gave you is worth money!
You may be asking yourself, “Why do I need to sell my diamond engagement ring?” When relationships end, engagement rings, earrings, pendants, watches or tennis bracelets suddenly lose their sentimental value.
Where are they now?
I searched my apt for the gifts EX-EX had give me years ago and I cannot find them.
I know I would never throw them out. Ever. I could never be that hasty.
So where the heck is all the the Ex-bling???
Please tell me I did not give them back to that cheater, especially now that ‘Out of Your Life‘ is at my disposal?
NO WAY. Did I…?