I’ve wanted to email you for a while and decided to do it now because I need your help. I’ve been with my boyfriend for 6 years and things are not going well. The last few months have been tough, it’s like I’m living with a roommate. Lately he takes forever to answer my texts/calls and he started to hang out with his friends more. I asked him if there was someone else in the picture and he said no. We went to a family wedding last weekend and he barely spoke to me but was on his phone the whole time. On top of that, he was wearing a new suit which I didn’t even know he bought (he hates shopping). Are these signs that he could be seeing someone else? How do I know if he’s cheating on me?
Since I don’t know your bf, I can’t confirm that he’s cheating. But, I can confirm the MAJOR signs that he COULD be cheating. Here are 10 signs your boyfriend could be cheating on you:
- He gets agitated when you ask him what he’s doing online.
- He turns his cell OFF (not silent) when he goes to sleep. That way his cell doesn’t light up with her calls.
- When you call him at work, he sounds annoyed and wants to get you off the phone as soon as possible.
- His social life starts to get more “social”.
- He buys new, dressier clothes but you & him haven’t gone out in weeks.
- He starts a beauty regimen (new cologne, different toothpaste, etc.).
- He starts going to those work happy hours, but he’s not really a drinker.
- He doesn’t invite you to his “work functions”. Remember when he was so excited to show you off to his buddies?
- He receives texts(not emails) late in the night. Even corporate guys rarely ‘text’ their co-workers in the eve.
- Your love life is non-existent.
Dahlings, feel free to email me your Ask MG questions or leave them in the comments below. <3
P.S. – here’s my experience…
My Ex-Ex and I dated for 7 years with the final year ending in a painful mess. It was exactly what you stated above, like living with a roommate. We would pass each other in the apt and not say a word. Then one week, he went out to a holiday party. After that party, more “company” functions started taking place (“my co-worker just got a new job”, “it’s this guy’s birthday” etc.).
After a few weeks, things got way too obvious and he finally confessed to cheating. I felt like an idiot for not realizing it sooner, so I googled “how to know if your boyfriend is cheating“. A private investigator site came up that specialized in cheating spouses and..
I literally checked off 8 out of the 10 cheating signs that he had listed.
I could not BELIEVE all the signs I had missed. But honestly, I never thought he would ever cheat on me. Just be sure to double check that list above if your instincts are telling you something’s up. 😉
top image: iceyfeisty on weheartit