Dating Dilemma: Guy in Dubai?

Written by on Sunday, January 25th, 2009 with 3 comments
Soo, had a great time with CB on Friday! He’s super nice and his manners are superb. Ok, so we spent the whole eve talking about past relationships, why they didn’t work out (he actually initiated the ex talk, bc I would never do that with someone so new, of course!), and other misc. subjects.

He mentioned again about going away, and I asked him what date he was thinking of going. He’s like, “well how about the weekend of the 13th?”. I look at the calendar on my cell and…ah…wait… that’s Valentine’s weekend?! So I say, “oh that”s Valentine’s weekend.” He responds “yea, I guess it is!”. Awww. Right?

So, I’m still contemplating what is going on here and what I should do when we start talking about what’s going on in his career…

HE: “So hopefully the investors wont pull out of this deal.”
ME: “When do you find out?”
HE: “By the end of this month.”
ME: “Wow, that’s next week.”
HE: “Yea. it’s ok. If it doesn’t work out I have an offer on the table at a private firm for a 2 year position.”
ME: “Oh that’s so great. Especially in this market!”
HE: “It is. Only thing is, the firm is in Dubai.”


ME: “Dubai?”
HE: “Yes. But they will be giving me a huge travel account so I can travel back and forth to NYC as much as I want.”
ME: “When would you be leaving if you accept this offer?”
HE: “I believe in March.”

Riiiiight. Damn. Why, Why?

HE: “Nothing is set in stone, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about this.”
ME: “Oh, no totally. (UGH) I hope those investors pull through.”

I mean it’s not that I’m super concerned or anything bc we just met, but if the future of his physical location is uncertain, then how could I not be about dating him…

Man this sucky-sucks!

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation?? Should I even expend my energy or just move on? Let me know what you guys think…

3 Comments on “Dating Dilemma: Guy in Dubai?”

  1. I think you should still give it a chance. Though never have been in a similar situation, I still believe it’s worth a shot. There’s a chance he’ll leave, there’s a chance he’ll stay.

    If you really click with this guy, you owe it to yourself to see where it could lead, especially if he remains in NYC. =D

  2. Hmm… Dating someone who could be moving to Dubai may not be a good idea. I think he should wait before jumping into anything. Once he knows if he’s moving or not then you can decide if you want to continue with him. The distance factor is too difficult. You think you can do it but every time he leaves it will get harder. And that’s half way around the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.