Let me describe the perfect boyfriend for you. He’s reliable. He knows what you like. He can make you laugh. He can make you think. He is there for you whenever you need him.
I’m talking about Netflix, ladies.
Be honest… for us single gals, Netflix is how we spend most of our nights. If you’re like me and single this Valentine’s Day, may I recommend a movie night? Here are 5 of my favorite movies for Valentine’s Day:
- Bridesmaids. A great gal pal movie (we can ignore the fact it’s about weddings) with an amazingly funny cast. Who hasn’t wanted to punch a giant cookie like Annie? And let’s not forget the awesome lip sync to Wilson Phillips.
- Dirty Dancing. A classic. If you’re a child of the ’80s this will bring back more fond memories then depress you that you don’t have your own Johnny. The soundtrack and dance scenes are also amazing so you’ll want to get up and do your own twirl.
- Magic Mike. Do I need to explain?! Avoid the sleazy male strip clubs and let Channing Tatum dance for you in the comfort of your own living room. And can we talk about the new Magic Mike XXL trailer?! *faints* July cannot get here soon enough!
- Waiting to Exhale. Warning: there will be tears. But it’s a great movie about female friendships, which you’ll need to be reminded of around this time of year, with an all-star cast including Whitney (RIP).
- My Best Friend’s Wedding. Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, Dermot Mulroney, and Rupert Everett… need I say more? Like ‘Bridesmaids’, look past the wedding theme of the movie and focus on the man candy surrounding Ms. Roberts in her red, curly haired prime. There is also a spontaneous singing scene that you’ll want to get in on.
Are you making it a movie night? What movies are you watching?
Check out more from DATING GIRL & her adventures in New York City.
Kimberlee blogs about her love of fashion and beauty at I Have A Degree In This!. She’s lived in Midtown Manhattan for 8 years and has tried it all when it comes to dating.