My Ex & I broke up recently and I feel like everything in my life is falling apart. You know that feeling where you’re in a hole and are never going to get out. That’s how I feel right now. My friends & family have been supportive, but all I really want to do is talk to my Ex. Not get back together (I think), just to get some of this misery off my shoulders.
When I broke up with my Ex after being w. him for 7 years, I thought I would never be able to get over it. Here are the things I did to get over my ex (in compassionate, MG bullet-point form):
- As soon as we broke up, I started online dating, not really to date, but to try and get out socially for the sake of my sanity.
- I had to make new friends since I spent most of my time with him (he never wanted to go out, so we barely had a social life).
- I made sure to keep my social calendar booked and to not cancel out on plans with friends no matter how depressed I felt.
- I occasionally caved in and called my Ex, which in turned led to the same arguments & stress that led to the break-up in the first place.
- I cried. I cried a lot. Espesh after 1am, I would sit in the corner of my apt playing the most depressing music on repeat and just cried my heart out. Every time I cried, I felt a little better until my cries turned to frowns and then those frowns into valued life reflections.
Dahlings, feel free to email me your Ask MG questions or leave them in the comments below. <3