"Single in My City" Series: In Boston with Jaime!

Dec 1st 2009 17 Comments

In this Wednesday’s SIMC epi, we have the tres chic:
Jaime from La vie…J’aime,
on location in Boston, Mass!

Describe the ‘Dating Scene’ in your city:
I’d say the dating scene in Boston is rather casual. Since Boston is such a sports city and we are so proud of all our teams, a lot of dates are sports-oriented: taking in a Bruins, Celtics, or Red Sox game in Boston or trekking to Gillette Stadium to see the Patriots. As for ways to find that special guy, it’s a lot of meeting through friends and/or at a bar. Though, as I say below, online dating (Match.com and JDate) are really popular ways to meet someone.
Are you an Online Dater?

So far no, but a few of my friends have found success online! I wouldn’t rule it out in the future.

Guys you Avoid like the PLAGUE:
Any guy who can’t treat me the way I deserve to be treated; any guy who talks too much about himself; any guy that’s rude when trying to get my attention.
Any Specific “Type” of Guy that runs rampant in your city?
The Boston boy: you know him even if you don’t live here! Born and bred in Boston- Boston hat, Boston accent, & Boston attitude (they all think they are allll that).
Fave Date Spots:

I have 2 that come to mind immediately.

1. Tasca is nearby my apartment. It’s a tapas restaurant, so perfect for sharing plates and conversation! Also, their Sangria is to die for. :)
source

2. Eastern Standard- great food, atmosphere, and it’s right around the corner from Fenway Park – grab a drink at ES then head to Red Sox game!

source
Staple Go-To Date Outy:
I usually stick with something cute and sexy, but not over the top sexy (gotta keep them curious!), and something I am comfortable in. Even if that new dress looks amazing, if I am fidgeting all night, that’s not good! Also, I think about where we are going and the atmosphere there when planning my look. When in doubt, LBD.

Most Romantic Attribute of your city:

I love the Boston Common; every season this park is stunning. From the blooming floral arrangements and lush green grass in the summer, to the snow, twinkly lights, and lit up gold dome of the State House in the winter, it’s just magnificent!

Thank you so much Jaime, for giving us an insider’s view of Beantown’s dating scene!

I lived in Boston for 6 months a few yrs back and totes saw the “Boston Boy” all over, lol ;-)

Mid-week kissies,

p.s. make sure to check back every Wednesday for another episode of my “Single in My City” Series!
p.p.s. please feel free to email me if you are interested in participating in SIMC!!

p.p.p.s. Happy Birthday Wishes to super cutie Allie @ Hot Robot - hope your bday was amazing darling ;-) XOXO

17 Comments to “"Single in My City" Series: In Boston with Jaime!”

OK, maybe Boston is not all that bad. Maybe it is just those pesky Red Sox!?

Your description of the Boston boy made me think of Matt Damon.

2. ChinkyGirLMeL says:

The Boston Common looks really pretty. I wish we had something like that here.

3. Whitney says:

MMMM! I love Boston :o) And I looove the typical Boston boy! If you ever want to do SIMC scene for Portland, ME I would be interested!

4. Chic 'n Cheap Living says:

Kinda interesting to be in a city where sports is so much a part of the culture. My cousin said that Boston was a big academic hub too and had great speakers and events always happening.

Right now Boston and London are probably far too cold but the mention of tapas has put me in a mood to hunt for them here!

5. Savvy Gal says:

great post. i lived in Boston for a couple of years and i hang out mostly by copley square and newbury street. yay for shopping. xoxo

6. Keith says:

Great post. I always enjoy these. I hope you're having a wonderful week so far. Cheers!

7. kpeach says:

this is so fun-NY is so close to Boston I should go more xo

8. WendyB says:

Ha ha — I DID know the Boston boy type even before reading the description.

9. Laura says:

I loved this dating in your city post. Boston is definitely a romantic place on the water and it reminded me of San Francisco when I was there this summer. Great post, maybe I can steal it and link back? =)

10. datingwebsite says:

This is a great blog,this website provides very useful tips.we are going to add it to out free dating website and college information blog dating website .http://www.universityloveconnection.com/blog so our visitors can read your news,as you are a reputable source.Thanks for dating website.

11. Mi Vida Bonita says:

Great post, Never been to Boston…but it was nice to get a sneak peek. :) Can't wait for next weeks post!

12. Allie says:

Awwww, thanks girl!

xoxo

13. Nubiasnonsense says:

Cool interview my dear =)

14. Ela says:

Jaime's darlling! She looks fabulous in that dress too!

I can't wait to get back to Boston in the summer and visit Boston Common – it's beautiful!

15. Little Ms Blogger says:

Otin is wrong about the Red Sox.

I wonder if Jaime knows about the dating thing they've done at Fenway. I knew someone that signed up for a type of speed dating thing at Fenway during a game. She wasn't chosen, but I guess it's been done several times.

16. Secretia says:

That winter scene is lovely.

Secretia

17. Cafe Fashionista says:

Love Jaime, and love this post! I could not agree more…boys who are rude when trying to get your attention are so not worth your time! :)