Dammit when hair stylists offer the best gossip. A few weeks ago I had my hair styled by a fabulush guy in a downtown salon who’s previous location was on the UES. We started a chat about the habits & routines of the UES ‘ladies who lunch’ (LWL) set and well, he had lots to dish. Read his insider view on the UES ‘Ladies Who Lunch’ (LWL) lifestyle…
- Single LWL are obsessed with finding a wealthy husband, getting married and having a house in Hamptons.
- Many LWL don’t own shampoo/conditioner bc they are in the salon that much.
- When LWL have a hair appointment, they spend at least 6+ hrs in the salon.
- Much of their salon day is spent drinking wine and comparing their apartments/houses with other LWL.
- LWL love…LOVE their cocktails.
- They own at least 3-6 Hermès bags.
- For LWL moms, their ‘tween daughters get weekly blowouts, manicures & some even have their own Hermès bags.
- The LWL with “older” husbands rarely see them bc their hubs “travels quite often” and the wives do NOT have a problem with it.
P.S. This post is purely for your entertainment. Feel free to not take any of the above comments seriously.