One year, back in those days I worked in finance, I opted in to participate in the office’s annual ‘Secret Santa’. The max gift budget was $20 and I ended up choosing a woman who was beauty product obsessed. So I thought, hey, why don’t I get her some perfume, right? At the time I worked 80+ hours a week and had approx. 2 seconds of free time to get her something. So I bought her one of those gift sets from a local drugstore.
YES I DID THIS…
So came the day we received our secret santa gifts (I ended up with a gift card from bed, bath & beyond, why didn’t I do this too??), she walks over to my desk and says “thanks for the perfume Amy, you must really like this scent.” Uhm, you’re welcome?
No more corporate secret santa for MG.
My point is dahlings, you don’t have to know what your recipient likes/dislikes. The best secret santa gifts are ones that are interesting, useful & unique. Here are MG’s Fav 5 holiday Secret Santa gifts under $20….
- Rose Portable Cosmetic Makeup Pouch with Cosmetic Mirror – $5.99
- The Honest Company Hand Sanitizer (cleans & moisturizes hands at the same time) – $7
- Umbra Picture Frames, Set of 9 (can be written on w. a dry erase pen & tacked onto wall) – $14.99
- kate spade new york “skirt the rules” mug – $20
- Conair Travel Smart Floral Illusions mini umbrella (flower pattern appears when umbrella is wet) – $14.99
Dahlings, for more gifting ideas, check out MG’s Gift Guide column!