SO. I have an amaze gf who lives in Georgia. She reads MG everyday and adores anything NYC-inspired. Her next trip to Manhattan is in the works and she has asked me to put together a list of pieces she needs “to look like a NYC fashionista”. She looks gorg in anything, but I adore her x 100 for the style request. Gf, this one is for you…
1. Werk a slick Fedora instead of a cute cowboy hat, especially when visiting the Highline.
2. Going out for a fabulush dinner? Switch up your sultry western boots for a pair of Platform Stilettos.
Betsey Johnson Wedell Boot
3. Replace the fringe bag with a Heavy Metal Satchel for that Girl’s Night Out in NYC.
Marc Jacobs Bowler
4. Instead of a pleated skirt, show off those gams at a Midtown rooftop bar in a High-Waisted “Power” Skirt.
BCBGMaxAzria Power Skirt
5. For that trip to a wine bar, trade in your beaded necklace with a more sophisticated Layered Bauble Necklace.
Kate Spade New York “Mariner” Necklace
6. Change up your flirty flare dress for a super-chic, longer sleeved Sheath Dress.
Rampage Sequin Sheath
7. Instead of a casual cross-body pouchette, add instant glam with a Sequined Clutch.
Mathew Williamson Sequined Suede Clutch
8. Knitted scarves are great, but this Infinity Scarf offers the same warmth with a touch of lux while walking through Central Park.
Plenty by Tracy Reese Infinity Scarf
9. Oooh, how I love a Faux Fur Vest like the one below. Wear this instead of a shearling one when you are shopping on Madison Ave.
Zara Fur Vest
10. Replace your laid-back boyfriend jeans with an amped up pair of Leather Skinnies (faux or real) when heading out to a cozy French Brasserie.
Gestuz Leather Pants
And…poof! You have offish added pieces to make your wardy instantly City-Girl chic 😉 What items would you dahlings add to this list?
P.S. I will be announcing the winner of MG’s Date Night Essentials Giveaway later this eve!!! Stay tuned my dahlings…
P.S.S. I have ANOTHER giveaway coming this week – winter boots perf for the coming cold season <3
3 thoughts on “MG Style Guide: 10 Pieces To Take You From Country To City Girl”
great post! Dying over that fur vest and Matthew Williamson clutch…
Hi darling! Not yet, it’s been such an uber crazy week, but I will be posting the winner this eve! <3