When I moved my pink desk from facing a wall to facing the large window in my apartment, it changed EVERYTHING. Now I have a view of the city while I work, totes fabulush x 100! The only thing left to do is to decorate & organize the corner next to it (which I am working on and will def post about). But what if you just have a corner that needs some inspiration? Here are 5 tips on creating a corner home office…
- Position the desk area based on window location. If there isn’t a window near the corner, face the desk towards the room. This way you’ll have an open view as opposed to just staring at a wall.
- Use floating bookshelves instead of a bookcase. Floating shelves give off a less bulkier feel and can be placed in varied patterns. This is a great way to add your own personal design element.
- Add an accent wall. I just found a fabulush accent color that will define a specific space from the rest of my ‘renter’s white’ walls. Adding color or removable wall paper will distinguish your corner home office from the rest of your living space.
- Use non-traditional office lighting. Corners rarely get enough light for a work space. Mini chandeliers are my fav lighting accessories because they add glamour & proper light. If installation is too much work, place a standing chandelier light next to your desk.
- Transform an end table into a storage center. Have an end table that’s not getting much use in your living space? Place a printer on top and store your supplies in the drawers. It’s a super chic way to keep your office organized (my fav are mirrored end tables, bc they reflect light).