One of my fav holiday dinner party themes is a “Friends Thanksgiving”. A Friends Thanksgiving is a dinner party hosted a week or more before the actual holiday. It’s meant for your besties, darling co-workers, bloggy bffs & other close friends to enjoy festive cocktails, delish bites & to be thankful that you’re adored by such amaze people. Check out MG’s 5 decorating ideas for a chic Thanksgiving dinner party…
- Mix gold & silver accents with one power color. Flowers, specialty cocktails, personalized place settings & gift bags should reflect your power color. Metallics look gorg in candlelight and by adding a statement color (my go-to fav is magenta), the look will be both elegant & fun. Check out these cute ribbon settings from reserved seating.
- Transform an end table into a mini bar. Throw a pretty pashmina over an everyday end table or desk, add your fav libations & a pitcher of your specialty cocktail with glasses. This way you can spend more time enjoying the party instead of serving all eve. Check out MG’s fav holiday cocktail recipes.
- Festive Ice Cubes. Super easy, cranberry ice cubes will make your cocktails look gorg. For your Thanksgiving dinner soiree, just place a few cranberries in each ice cube well, fill with water & freeze. So pretty! Image: sparkvault.
- Add baubles to your everyday decor. One of my fav ways of decorating is with costume jewelry. Transform your everyday coffee table accessories by placing elastic chunky crystal bracelets & embellished necklaces over vases and around candles. Add a small bowl filled with hook earrings for guests to use as wine glass charms. Pink veranda has a fun DIY for personalized charms.
- Fill mini glass jars with statement-color candy. Mini glass jars can be bought at your local discount store (super affordable). In addition to the decor, this makes for a super sweet take home gift. You can also buy them pre-made & personalized at sugar tree shop.
Dahlings, for more decor inspiration visit Midtown Girl Decor on pinterest.