I remember moving into my first apartment in Midtown Manhattan. I had just started a career in investment banking and wanted furniture that was chic, low-maintenance (totally not the case now, obvs) and in neutral colors. While I’m a huge fan of statement pieces, function & form are necessary for a first apartment. Check out MG’s picks for 5 first apartment furniture essentials…
- Make a small space seem bigger. Modern Venetian Rectangle Mirror (42W x 30in.) – $177.99 (on sale)
- Extra seating: Roslyn Set of 2 Armchairs, JCPenney – $420
- Comfortable living space: World Market Ivory Kendall Sofa – $549.99 (on sale)
- Put your feet up. Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler Nina Pouf – $89.99
- Proper storage: South Shore 5-Shelf Bookcase, Kohls – $131.74
For more apartment decor inspiration:
- New York Apartment – tons of ideas for city-girl living.
- Modern Preppy Glam – for chic Hamptons decor.
- Midtown Girl Decor – our pinterest decor board.
Dahlings, what would you get for your first apartment?
2 thoughts on “5 City Girl Essentials For Your First Apartment”
I love that couch! It’s actually really similar to the one I ended up buying when I moved to Pittsburgh! 🙂
How fabulush 😉 I bet it looks gorgeous in your apartment!