Hi Midtown Girl,
I stumbled upon your site weeks ago and now am a regular visitor! I am about to go off to college and I want to buy an entirely new wardrobe with my job money. My problem is, I’m a bit overwhelmed with all the choices and am not sure what to buy! What basics should I start with, and how do I discover my true style?
Congrats on your future collegiate experience! Shopping for a new wardrobe for college can be a bit stressful but there are few ways you can make the process efficient & fun…
1. Start by building a foundation of classics and then add pieces that you love. You don’t have to spend a fortune (or all of your job money) but it’s important to buy pieces that will last through 4 years of classes, events & future job interviews. A navy blazer, white button down, pencil skirt and a kitten heel (yes kitten, no need to tear up your toes while running around campus) are excellent pieces to layer up or down. Adding accessories & jewelry that you adore will help you discover your own personal style.
- Navy Blazer – $44.50, delias.com
- White Button Down Shirt – $40, topshop.com
- Pencil Skirt – $49, calvinklein.com
- Tyler Kitten Heel – $89 by Ellen Tracy, lordandtaylor.com