Whether you dine uptown, party downtown or reside in MIDTOWN, City Girls have one thing in common – we are busy as HELL. So when it comes to shopping for new clothes, we need pieces that are both functional & fabulush. And, if you’re like MG, when Fall rolls around it feels like tons of shiny new things are calling your name & you just want to buy everything. So, because city girls have limited closet space (and rent to pay), here are Ten Fall Wardrobe Essentials that will make updating your Fall wardy that much easier (and efficient!)…
1. Skirted Trench: One of the best investments a city girl can make, buy one in a rich shade of camel. With the skirted back and fitted front, everyone will be asking you where you got this trench. P.S. – I bought the one below 😉
Hitch Hem Trench, ASOS
2. Suede Booties: In suede, these are both elegant & versatile. They go perf with the leather shorts below, without looking over done. These booties can be worn at the office or when you hop on a Vegas party bus for that girl’s trip in Sin City.
Calvin Klein Collection “Dani” Booties, Bloomingdale’s
3. Wide Leg Colored Trousers: An on-trend piece, these trousers are super comfy without sacrificing style. Getting a pair in a bold color (like teal or red) means you can play with all your neutral pieces for a quick city girl chic look.
River Island Wide Leg, ASOS
4. Tuxedo Jacket: Dressed up (over a cocktail dress) or dressed down (over white tee & skirt) this will be your new go-to black jacket.
Crossover Jacket, Zara
5. Leather Shorts: Faux or real, these will instantly make you look fashionista fabulush. If you’re intimidated by the leather, get a cut that rises higher on the waist. Pair with a silk blouse and those suede booties above and Voila – you are totes ready for NYFW.
Tibi Leather Short, Singer22
6. Printed Scarf: Throw this darling piece over any outy and you are guaranteed to look Jackie-O lovely. I even love wearing a scarf with my weekend outfits or with a cashmere v-neck sweater & ankle jeans.
DVF Reighleigh Printed Scarf, Bergdorf
7. Polka Dot Blouse: On trend or not, polka dots have always been a city girl staple – in dress form on the UES, in pant form on the LES and in tie form in Midtown. if you don’t have one, go get one STAT my lovelies.
Polka Dot Blouse, Free People
8. Black Ankle Trousers: Nothing screams chic like this French classic. Pair with a cream colored cashmere sweater, tons-o-pearls and black platforms and you are set for the eve.
Theory Belisa Crave Pant, Bloomingdale’s
9. Shift Dress: With a tailored cut, this dress will carry you from work day (under a blazer) to date night (blazer off with a ginormous statement necklace & cuff).
Aquilano.Rimondi shift dress, Bergdorf
10. Midtown Girl Magenta Handbag: Obvs I had to throw something MG on this list! Why magenta? Because it is a STUNNING color and will work with your entire wardrobe, all season long.
Fendi Peekaboo Satchel, Nordstrom
Dahlings, do you have any essentials you would like to add on to this list? Please share!
This post contains an affiliate link, but as always on MG, all opinions expressed are personal & unbiased.