Date Night Outfit: What Should I Wear When NYC is Hot as Hell?

Jul 20th 2010 17 Comments

source

Oh Em Gee: NYC is a total HOTBOX.

Ok – for my last few dates I’ve been wearing short summer wrap dresses bc it’s too hot for anything else. Even after dusk, walking from one avenue to another causes makeup meltdown & sweat dripping down my back. Pure SEXY. I’ve decided to wear my hair in a side braid to alleviate some of the internal heat but I’d like to change up my outy for my date with H5 this week, so…

What Should I Wear???

Clockwise from top left: Eight Sixty Stripe Maxi Dress, Pisarro Nights Sequin Chiffon Blouson Dress, Haute Hippie Embellished Knit Dress, Rebecca Taylor “Summer” Hammered Satin Ruffled Romper

Dahlings…which outfit do you prefer: Maxi, Sequined Tank, Knit One-Shoulder or Satin Romper???

kissies,

17 Comments to “Date Night Outfit: What Should I Wear When NYC is Hot as Hell?”

1. You totes need to wear the Haute Hippie Embellished Knit Dress – ohmigosh so gorgeous!! πŸ™‚

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Elizabeth Fassbender, Amy Chandra. Amy Chandra said: On midtowngirl.com – Date Night Outfit: What should I wear when NYC is hot as hell? http://bit.ly/bRiErj #dating #fashion […]

3. jordana says:

I’m a sucker for maxi dresses in this hellish weather, but I think you’d look sassy in the romper for sure! Love all the looks though!

4. I’m loving the Satin Romper- edge it up with some strappy heels and bangles and you’ll be cool and HAWT at the same time πŸ˜‰

5. Diana says:

1) Sequined Tank… 2) Romper

6. I think romper too, although the sequin tank would look gorgeous on you!

7. Maiah says:

The Pisarro Nights Sequin Chiffon Dress – totally gorgeous, a little romantic, and seemingly perfect for a hot night (damn nyc summers)

8. Jessica says:

Hmmm i’m torn btw the sequined tank and the romper. If its going to be hot though maybe the tan? I fee like satin might make you feel sticky? Plus who doesn’t love sparkles?!

9. Jamie says:

I vote for the maxi dress! Add gladiator sandals or strappy heels and some fun jewelry.

10. That sequined tank is gorgeous Sis.. With your hair waved and some bad ass heels you would look divine..

Lets be serious, you don’t have to try to hard to look fab πŸ˜‰

11. I love them all, but the maxi dress and the sequined tank dress stand-out. Although you might think twice about the sequined tank because since it’s very hot, it might show sweat stains.
    I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous no matter what you wear.

12. Tights Lover says:

It really has been oppressively hot lately. I’d go with the Chiffon Blouson Dress. It’s absolutely gorgeous!

13. Keith says:

Good luck with whatever you decide. Stay cool. Have fun. Love the photo you posted in this post.

Please tell me you bought the Haute Hippie so I can live vicariously through you! Oh and if you monitor your traffic I was just on you site for ages because Meg called when I was about to comment and I got side tracked. Wouldn’t want you to think I was stalking you.HA!

15. drollgirl says:

i like three out of four of these! no matter what you choose, you will look fabulous!

fingers crossed that the weather cools down a bit soon!

16. stacy says:

I love that stripe maxi dress! Date update please…
    πŸ˜‰

17. Miss Journey says:

I’m loving the satin romper! I’ve actually been looking for one of those myself. Although the embellished knit dress is really cute too!