Crazy but True…’Beautiful’ People Only Dating Site rejects "Fatties"!

Jan 5th 2010 26 Comments

source
(Beth Ditto taken from http://blog.musingsofafatshionista.com/)

Dating is complicated enough.

And, I have nothing against people who possess a quiet confidence & feel that they are beautiful. Nothing wrong with a healthy self-esteem…

But online dating sites should not make it even more complicated for us in the World-O-Singledom to meet other potential partners just bc we ate a little extra pumpkin pie over the Holiday season.

COME.ON.NOW.
Shout-out to @JensDatingTips for sharing this newsflash on Twitter!

source
DALLAS – SOURCE
A couple of 20-Somethings were cruising through the West Village in Dallas and were disgusted when they heard about actions of a dating website called BeautifulPeople.com. The site just kicked out about 5,000 members for gaining weight over the holiday season.
“You know, I just don’t think that’s fair,” said Hillary Kinzler. “Everybody gains weight after the holidays.”

But, the founders of this hotties only website think it is fair. “Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded,” said Robert Hintze, founder of BeautifulPeople.com

The members were kicked out when they posted updated photos on the site for the new year showing that they packed on a few pounds. BeautifulPeople.com is also predominately member driven. If you want to get into the dating site you have to submit a picture and put in your profile. Then members get about two days or so to decide if you’re beautiful enough to join them.

Uhm, CEO’s using the term ‘Fatties’? Really? Your thoughts, dahlings…

mid-week kissies,

26 Comments to “Crazy but True…’Beautiful’ People Only Dating Site rejects "Fatties"!”

1. WendyB says:

Anyone who joins a group called BeautifulPeople should be kicked out of the rest of society for stupidity!

2. stacy lomman says:

Is this for real? I'm sickened. But, I'm curious as to how the moderators knew that people gained weight over the holidays? Is there a "weigh-in" or something. Oh God, there probably IS! Horrible.

Gee, I see a whole lot of long term successful relationships coming from that dating site! They should just eliminate different races also and then they can call themselves, Nazidating.com!

4. Secretia says:

I think it is amazing that any business would purge 5000 customers! It is a private business, they can do what they want to.
    Why would people have posted updated pictures of themselves after a weight gain? Were they hypnotized into doing that?

Secretia

5. JennyMac says:

5000 customers? Are people sending their scale data? How in the world would they monitor this?

6. Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com says:

I made my way to a new blog that I already love.
    Is that for real? 5000 customers? Are there really people that have sent their updated pics after a weight gain?
    hugs hugs

7. pixiepine says:

I love that picture of Beth Ditto…it really says it all! Sexiness comes from within.

That dating site sounds ridiculous.

8. kpeach says:

ugh I would love to see what this Robert looks like xo

9. sarah says:

There was a big to-do about this on the radio the other day. Look, I'm my own biggest fan, but even I wouldn't join something called BeautifulPeople.com!

10. Shop N' Chomp says:

Oh boy, dem are fighting words. *munches on chocolate*

P.S I don't gamble but the hubs made a few winning bets. :D

11. Ice Queen says:

WTF??? Why do beautiful skinny people need a dating site? I'm thinking about applying to see how much weight they think I should lose. That's crazy.

12. Andhari says:

This disgusts me, you know I got invited by the site a bunch of times and they also recommended a few sleazy looking guys? I laughed a lot but I have no idea that they kicked their members for gaining weight. That's just…wrong..

13. Dream Sequins says:

I'm a bit wary about this "news." This website also tried releasing similar news in November about rejecting 5 million applicants. I guess it got our attention again :)

14. Tights Lover says:

There's a special place in Hell for Robert Hintze. Yikes.

Fatties??? He cannot be serious. I guess any publicity is good publicity? I'm sure there are a lot of arseholes cruising the site now since there won't be any fatties. Geesh.

16. Couture Cookie says:

Supposedly, they have around 57,000 applicants waiting to be approved, so it seems like this ridiculous little marketing ploy of theirs really worked. But how can they keep track of people's weight and looks for real… it's the easiest thing in the world to transform an overweight, average girl to a super model with PhotoShop.

Also, I would think most people who sign up for something like this are either dumb or terribly insecure (or both). "Some dude on the internet thinks I'm beautiful enough to be on his dating site"… um, congratulations?

LMAO, xoxox

I would love to see the stats on how many successful relationships come out of that site. EWWWW.

The CEO screams "I WEAR ED HARDY", no?

18. Cafe Fashionista says:

Not only would I absolutely love to find out where that CEO received his degree; but, I'd also love to see what he looks like. How much weight did he gain over the holidays???

And really…Beautiful People? Obviously not so beautiful on the inside!!! :/

19. Jaime says:

wow. is this for real?

20. Crystal @ Plush Palate says:

So sad :( So not good for fostering healthy self esteem.

21. alixrose says:

I am not surprised,but it still takes me aback. I agree with Wendy, if you join a site called Beautiful People,then you really shouldnt be shocked!

22. Chessa! says:

I saw the CEO on CNN the other day. The guy is a giant douche. Yes, they reject people for being "fat" and they actually drop people who can't keep up with the required stats. such bullsh*t.

23. Glendy says:

That picture is epic lol, that CEO needs to come down his high horse, what an ignorant imbecile, I wonder if beautiful is only one race, one skin color, or specific features what an ass

24. Little Ms Blogger says:

This company has been around for a # of years and I thought they would have gone under by now. I had heard several people have to vote you in to become a member.

25. Sher says:

Thank goodness I'm not single. The PRESSURE! Right now I'm carrying around a few extra Christmas cookies ;)

26. Diana says:

I heard about this! Nuts!